Monday 11 April 2016

Words

source

It has been almost three years that I have built a home. Truly my heart belongs here. I could not have dreamt of such a dwelling place had I lived a hundred years ago. My enchanting portal takes me above cloud nine whenever I wish. Happiness is at my beck and call. It is no Arabian tale but truth. Believe me; I see your smiling faces by my wondrous windows every day. How can I forget how my chilly grieving bones received the suns you gifted in the dark nights and stopped fragmenting? With an ear tuned to your music, with an eye set to the word-fountain in your heart, I reside. So do you! Don’t you? This solitary abode of mine vibrates with your presence. What about yours? It’s good that we live on words. Our home is words. Our world is words. We are words. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” In the end there will be the Word too.

 

My bare boughs

Bathe in your sundrops

Shoots sprouting

 


Posted for Haibun Monday #11: Reach Out @ dVerse

11 comments:

  1. A dwelling of words.. I love the thought of words more resilient than timber and mortar... Wonderful Sumana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah the words among us, between us, within us. This is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true about Words, Sumana. It is the musicality and meaning of words that gives life. "In the End there will be the Word too" - those words are powerful to me. The Word existed in the beginning...and the Word will live on...and in the end, after we are all gone, the Word will still BE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so like this home of yours. And The Word...this Word truly makes a beautiful and lasting home. The haiku is so full of meaning and how the Son/Sun causes our bare branches to sprout New life. Thank you so much for responding to this prompt with your beautiful haibun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So incredibly beautiful, full of the loving presence and wonder of words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very inspiring to read Sumana ~ I believe in your ending lines of words ~ And your haiku inspires hope and new beginnings ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful:
    "How can I forget how my chilly grieving bones received the suns you gifted in the dark nights and stopped fragmenting?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfectly said!

    'Our home is words. Our world is words. We are words.' Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very thoughtful piece. I share in your gratitude for the Word.... and words that provide inspiration, comfort, encouragement and beauty, all reflected in your haibun.

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for stopping by and sharing your valuable thoughts.........