Saturday 23 January 2016

Karma

source

The flaming desire

The abyss of ego

Will not let me be free

From this whirlwind-cycles of life

I come again and again

Bringing with me

The seed of my past karma

Nourish it with self love

And eat the fruit

When they are sweet

I cherish and lose myself in it

Creating more seeds

For this life, next life

When they taste bitter

Make me numb in sorrow

I groan

Play the blame-game

 

Will this feast never stop?

 

I wish to cut off all those tendrils of karma

That bind me to the flesh

Taking me away from Thou

My beloved God

Fill my every emptiness

With Thine thoughts

Let my desire be to see Thou

My beloved Lord

My beloved Father

My beloved Mother

My beloved Friend

My beloved Love

Let this little boat sail

Towards Thine shore

Thou alone Art True

All else is false, vain

Smeared with death

 


Posted for Sanaa’s Prompt Nights – Nothing Haunts Quite Like Karma [3] 

7 comments:

  1. I come again and again
    Bringing with me
    The seed of my past karma
    Nourish it with self love

    Beautiful lines Sumana. Indeed the seeds of our Karma past tends to affect us in several ways which is why we nourish it with self love. Lovely write :D

    Thank you so much for participating :D means a lot to me.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to find one's own direction where the Hereafter is just as important!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very prayerful poem, Sumana. "Though alone Art True."

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only those sweet moments lasted forever..perhaps we would not know sweet unless we knew bitter? A touching and philosophical poem which honours your faith and belief admirably

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beating of words, expressed in the best way. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for stopping by and sharing your valuable thoughts.........